Saturday, October 31, 2009

One of my ovaries is bigger than the other!?

I was in the hospital the other day as I had to go to the gynae clinic for a check up because last month I had an infection in my womb..so i was obviously asked to go back just to have a check up and see that everything was ok. The gynaecologist gave me a scan..she showed me my womb and said that everything was fine then she moved to my ovaries and said that one of them was bigger than the other, but then she went on to say that this is ok and that its nothing to worry about. What do yous think?? She then went on to say that she wants me to go and have a smear test after i am finished my period(as I have my period at the moment)What does this mean? I have never went for a smear before. Is there something wrong with me?? Somebody please put my mind to rest.. Thank you!
Answer:
ok i dont think anything is wrong, doctors have no shame in telling you when to worry they do a great job at telling. no organs in your body are the same size, measure your ears, legs arms and fingers theyll never be the exact same length. nothing is perfect. doctors always give pap smears thats one of the random tests they do. just to make sure everything inside of you is ok, i had a pap smear when i had just lost my virginity and l was wondering why. its random, in my opinion as long as you arent bleeding in between periods you are perfectly fine.
Relax. A pap smear is a common thing. It's usually part of a regular check up expect when a period is happening.

Nobody's body is perfectly symmetrical. One foot could be bigger than the other. One breast can be bigger than the other. One ovary can be bigger than the other. It happens.
If she is telling you that it is o.k. I'm sure that is the truth. You should have a smear anyway to check for HPV, the cause of most cervical cancer. Once that is done you should go back for a smear every other year for a check. This is normal for all women. Ovaries are like other parts of your body. Maybe one breast is bigger, one ear or nostril bigger than the other. Nothing is perfect. By the way, the smear is just done in the office with you in the stirrups. She'll put in a speculum to open your vagina then swab the inside with a q-tip like thing or else a small brush is inserted into the opening of the cervex. The brush is sometimes a tiny bit uncomfortable but it only takes a second and then is over. Your results should be back within a week at the most. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net