Sunday, October 25, 2009

Okay if yur gonna get a shot how long does it usually take caz i am really scared...booster shot?

I may have to get it today and I'm scared.
Answer:
I am a woman that has been terrified of shots since I was a baby. (So don't pay attention to those that say,' grow up'. It is a legitimate fear. Though I do have to say, now that I've learned a trick I'm not nearly so panicked. I still have to prepare my head but I know I can do it and so can you.

If you are to receive a shot in the arm, make sure that arm is completely relaxed! I will concentrate on making the opposite arm as tight as possible. That way, while making the shot arem loose and concentrating on the other arm I'm also making sure my mind is not on what is going on.

If you are getting a shot on the rear end you need stand on the opposite let, with no weight on the shot hip, making sure it is completely relaxed. Again I lend to hold on to something and concentrate on how hard I can make my arm muscles while I'm getting the shot in the hip.

You can do this. It will only take about 30 second and you will find it doesn't hurt nearly as much as you thought. Your panic will make it worse. Work on breathing, being calm and keeping the shot area totally relaxed and another part flexed to help you concentrate.

Good luck,.
Oh grow up.
The average injection takes less than 30 seconds.

Just take a deep breath, look away and it'll be done before you know it.
it is only a small pinch in the arm and its gone in seconds . Sing a song in your head to relax.
shots are quick. they will rub an alcohol prep (small wipe) over the area to clean it, put the needle in push the plunger and pull the needle out. usually only a couple of seconds. closing your eyes helps and make sure you relax i know its hard but if you tense up the muscle it will hurt way more than if you can keep it relaxed. if you have to tense something ask if you can hold someones hand and squeeze their hand (do not use the hand for which arm they are giving the shot in!) that helps. also breath deep hold it count to three and let it out several times - that will help relax you too. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net