Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ok, Im worried.?

I left a tampon in for 10 hours by accident. I accidently fell asleep without taking it out. I woke up in the morning and took it out. I feel fine now, but could I develop the symptoms to TSS later?
Answer:
You will most likely be fine. It is ok to sleep with a tampon in so long as you put a fresh one in right before you go to bed and take it out first thing in the morning. I slept with tampons in all of my life and am now older than you care to know and I am fine.
You shouldn't leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours. So yes, you could developpe TSS.
i've known one person who developed TSS.
it was horrible, and if you were to develop, you would of already, and there'd be no question about it.
i wouldn't worry. i've had one in over 12 horus before... dumb i know.. but it's happened :)
I don't think anyone could definitively say no, but I have done this a time or two, and I haven't gotten sick. The only thing you can do is to be more careful from here on out, so please don't worry about it.
Toxic shock syndrome is a disease believed to be caused by toxin-producing strains of the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus. S. aureus is a normal bacteria for you to have on your skin, but it appears that with TSS a virus has become part of the S. aureus causing the organism to produce toxins. All tampon users are at risk for TSS, but the risk is increased when using highly absorbent tampons (like "super absorbency" ones).

TSS is characterized by a high fever up to 105掳 F (40.6掳 C), sometimes a sudden fever, sore throat, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, fainting, a rash that looks like a sunburn, and muscle aches. If you develop these symptoms go to your nearest ER.
Probably not. Its very rare these days.
Here is a link with all the info you need.
Try to alternate between pads and tampons through out the rest of your period
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_he...
I did the same thing last nigt,
but you would've already known if you had tss
so I would'nt worry so much on it.
=)
If you feel fine, then you are OK. If you had TSS it would affect you immediately and would have already had some symptoms.
It is unlikely, but do be more careful and always checked you have removed the tampon at the end of your period cycle.
It should be okay, as long as you don't feel any different physically

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net