Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ok to have sex 2 days before pap exam?

I have a annual gyno exam next week. If I have sex tuesday night (my anniversary!)(with condom, if that makes a difference) and my appointment is thursday afternoon, do you think everything would be ok, test wise? I have read you shouldnt do anything 3 days before or 1 day before etc...thanks
Answer:
I think the standard is 48 hours, but I would just let them know when you go in.
Your not supost to have sex a few days before your pap smear because it can cause abnormal pap smears and such. I think if you use a condom you might be okay though. Good luck!! Just try not to have sex after that until your apt.
You shouldn't 48 hours before. an enzyme in semen that helps sperm swim up into the uterus can change the shape of cells in the cervix, making some appear abnormal for up to 48 hours. But in reality, semen affects only one or two cells, so while avoiding sex before your Pap smear is the medical textbook ideal, you don't have to cancel your appointment if you do break the rules.
you can do whatever you want. if you still have doubts call your drs office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net