Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ok, so my birth control gives me major headaches, anyone have a really good kind thats "symptom" free??

I use ortho tri-cyclin right now, and for the first white pills they make me feel like i got hit by a truck, I've been on it for a year and I still get terrible headaches and it makes me feel just really crappy, so if you have good luck with yours...share the info

thanks :)

KTP
Answer:
I use Seasonale - where you only get your period once every three months. LOVE IT. I had heinous PMS and periods forever, and this pretty much eliminated it. Instead of being miserable two weeks of every month, I'm a little off one week every three months...
headache and nausea is the one of most importent side effect of oral contraciptive pills.
http://mydoctar.blogspot.com/
Whatever you do, go ahead and switch or just stop taking them because they make you feel like crap. There are lots of other pills out there. In my experience, you just have to go by trial-and-error to see if they give you problems with side effects. You should visit your doctor soon, tell them the problems you've been having, and ask to try another kind. They will discuss the options with you.

I have tried 3 kinds so far. The one I'm on now seems to work well for me, but some of my friends said it gave them headaches.

luck.
i had the same problem. what causes it is when you stop taking the pill the last week to have your period your body is not getting the hormones it is used to getting. on the pill you have what they call "surges" in hormones and that can cause hormonal migraines. you can see about changing birth control to a more "constant" flow like the nuva ring or the patch. or if you like your pills ask your dr to give you a small hormone patch ( i used evista .5 mg) and the week of my period i would put that patch on my butt cheek and my headaches would disappear since i was getting a small amt of estrogen... try it im sure it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net