Saturday, October 31, 2009

On sweating...?

When i was younger and much skinnier about thirty pounds i never really sweated. but now that i way more i tend to sweat more when i go for runs or even when i am sitting in the heat. Beads of sweat roll down my chest and my back. It is really annoying and was wondering if there was any way i could stop sweating so much? Also can i make it smell different other than like a sweet salty smell? thanks for all your help!
Answer:
Lose wieght by constant , daily walking and jogging, and moderate but gradual diet reduction both in overall volume and in fatty, sugary and fried foods.
- stay cooler. choose cooler fabrics, lycra/pure cotton or wear less when possible,(minimalist or more comfortable underwear) run earlier in the day or later in the evening, and swim.
- drink large amounts of water and shower twice a day to reduce smell potency.
I have been swimming daily, walking as often as poss, have changed to diet coke, allow only one serve of pizza or fish and chips per week, and its slowly working for me, about a kg off per week and about 3 cms off my waist per week. without doing anything too violent. if you want a personal trainer via e mail, keep in touch with me, my e mail is on my profile. good luck!
I'm a bit worried at what point you were thirty pounds. OO On another note, you can't really stop sweating. If you were to attempt to stop it completely, you would die, it's a normal body function that keeps you cool. By wearing a type of body lotion in the area's you sweat alot, such as your back and chest, you can rid yourself of the scent though. Any type of physical endurance will cause the body to sweat, you can't really avoid it.
There are some very effective anti-perspirants you can get at any CVS or even Target. "Certain-Dri" is a good example; it's typically for underarm perspiration, but I've applied it elsewhere (my hands) and it severely reduced my problem. Otherwise, there are prescriptions that can fix this. As for the smell, some powder might work.
I was just wondering - have you had any kids? I noticed that I sweat significantly more now than I did before I had 2 kids. It's really gross, I wake up every morning sweaty, even if my house is cool all night. I wish I had advise - hope you find something that helps!
You sweat more because it is harder for your body to cool with the extra insulation, the odour is dependant on diet, genes, hormones and bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net