Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ovarian cyst~ scared?

Is 37 years old too old to get one? This is the second time I had one this year that was close to 5 cm and I want to find out what is causing me to keep getting them. The one I have now has caused me to skip a period and I'm scared it will continue to grow as long as I don't have one.
Answer:
~We grow cysts all the time. Where they grow and how big they grow is what matters. You aren't too old to get one, I think I was about that age when one exploded in my ovary. By the time they figured out that's what it was and got me to the operating table, another one had exploded in the other one, and I had all kinds of growth, part of it fell behind my uterus. They did a biopsy and closed me back up. Then I had a complete Hysterectomy, they took everything, including my cervix. They didn't want to leave anything for the growth.
It sounds like you'll end up having your ovaries removed. I hope you had all the children you wanted. I was divorced, so I knew I didn't want anymore.
Being scared won't make it go away. Try praying. Good luck.~
Maybe you have PCOS. (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I have it and now that I am getting treatment I feel better then ever. My period is now normal and regular. My weight is dropping and my mood has lifted. See your gyno or general MD about PCOS. They will have to refer you to an endocrinologist.
Ovarian cysts are common in all age groups. They are not always part of PCOS. Smaller ones come %26 go. You need not be scared of them, if they are causing serious trouble then only any interference is indicated.
They are common in woman. The best thing to do is to get checkups and attack the problem when it is in its first stage of development. I had one that was the size of a golf ball. I don't know how religious you are but prayer made mines go a way and I have never had a problem since.
Go to your OBGYN, I've had one but it wasn't that big and I'm only 18. My sister however is 40 and she had a pretty large one they removed for her during day surgery. Check and see what you can do.
Hi Flawless-
Take it from someone who has had multiple cysts..i mean multiple you will be okay no matter what the outcome. First of all as long as you are ovulating you are creating cysts.when an egg is forming it creates a follicle which is a cyst, when you ovulate the cyst ruptures and the egg is released...sometimes the cyst keeps forming or growing but they almost always go away on there own after a few cycles.sometimes they become too painful and you or your doc may choose to have it removed in a laprascopic surgery (simple one day surgery). Now in RARE occasions they can be complex cysts and may need more treatment or they can cause problems with your ovary but that is rare..and your doctor will monitor you by ultrasound.do call him or her if the pain increases...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net