Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Operation pain?

I have just been to hospital on monday for a laparoscopy i was just wondering if anyone knew how long this was going to be sore for and if anyone has had this done did they have gas moving around in there stomachs after it was done. Thanks!!
Answer:
I just had an operation on June 6. It was laprascopic at first, before they had to open me up.

The gas pain was *horrible*. The gas they use to expand your abdomen is absorbed by your intestines, where it will eventually get expelled. The first few days that pain was worse than the pain from the operation itself. My best advice is to try to move around as much as possible, because that helps get it moving and get it out.
I tried taking some Phazyme (simethicone) pills - don't know if they really worked or not.

Good luck!
Ask your doctor.
My abdominal surgery was done by cutting but I got the extra bonus of them using a laprascope to blow gas into me for a look at things first.
The pain will go shortly but yes, the gas is terrible. But there's an old Scottish saying "Aye where ye be, let the air run free".
It'll be better in a few days. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Okay © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net